Join Our Team!
Part-time (20 hrs.)
St. Luke’s Free Medical Clinic, Spartanburg, SC
St. Luke’s is in need of a part-time (20 hrs.) Dietitian to oversee the nutritional well-being of our patients. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of conducting nutrition assessments, identifying patients at risk, and creating diet plans. Experience in creating exercise, weight loss, diabetes, hypertension, and smoking cessation health plans is a plus. You should be able to analyze the effectiveness of interventions and use metrics to implement data-driven improvements. You should also actively keep up with the latest nutritional research integrating new findings into diet plans and nutrition services. You must be ready to collaborate with physicians, nurses and other clinical staff and volunteers to tailor dietary services and improve patient outcomes. This position also requires time devoted to coordinating and growing the health education program at the clinic. The Registered Dietitian should be a great communicator, critical thinker, and leader.
Accountable to and receives direction from the Director of Clinical Operations
· Develop nutrition plans and implement intervention based on knowledge of patient’s current health
· Provide nutrition education and counseling for patients on-on-one
· Coordinate and grow the health education program at St. Luke’s
· Work with PharmD consultant to implement the diabetes and hypertension grant program
· Manage the food pantry, any healthy food pickups and cooking demonstrations
· Design and teach virtual group education classes in collaboration with volunteer nutrition educator
· Work with the Development Manager to build a healthy living information corner both in the clinic and online
· Work with the Development Manager to properly market the health education program to patients and providers
· Collaborate with the Development Manager on grants and community events
· Additional tasks as deemed necessary by the Director of Clinical Operations and Executive Director
Skills and Knowledge Required
· Registered dietitian (RD) with BS or Master’s degree in nutrition, dietetics or related field
· Be able to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
· One year or more experience in nutrition education or related field
· Communication skills: writing and speaking- communicate information on health issues and concerns to patients, providers and the community
· Organizational skills- Organize and conduct health education programs, individual coaching, and group classes
· Experience with data entry and data analysis
· Knowledge of and belief in the mission of St. Luke’s Free Medical Clinic
· Maintains RD status through American Dietetic Association Board certification
· Experience in creating exercise, weight loss, diabetes, hypertension and smoking cessation health plans is a plus.
Hourly rate commensurate with experience and education
Criminal Background Check will be required.
St. Luke’s Free Medical Clinic changes the lives of underserved Spartanburg County residents by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org